Monday, April 21, 2008

Living with OJD: My opinion of Myspace

Hi everyone. Okay, so by now just about everyone on planet Earth has a myspace, or at least you've heard of it, so that's what we're going to talk about today. I made my myspace about six - eight months ago, it got deleted and then I remade it. So I pretty much know how annoying myspace is by now. It's basically an over-rated race to see who can get the most comments on photos, blogs and your profile in general. Myspace has ruined too many friendships just by creating the dreaded top 8. In case you've never heard of it, here's how it works: you put all your best friends in your top friends and everyone else just goes under friends which you can get to by clicking a few times. People who think that they're your best friends get upset and hurt when they're not in your top, so word to the wise, hide your top friends. There are lots of codes out there to do so, so just go ahead and do it. Myspace has become something people DEPEND on for a social community. I'm not exactly sure why, but so many people (girls esp.) have such low self esteem that if you don't comment thier new pictures within a day, they freak out and turn anorexic or emo or something. I'm not a total hypocrite though, because I must say that Myspace has helped me keep in touch with old friends. I move a lot so I do count on Myspace to keep me up to date about what's happening at my old schools. So, it's not all bad I guess. Oh but don't even get me started on how many times a girl (or boy) has gotten raped by someone who pretended to be a young guy (or girl). It's terrible how much crime there is due to Myspace, but I think if you only add people you know and make sure you don't give out too much information about yourself, I think you can benefit from it a little more. So, basically, that's my myspace rant, take it or leave it.

1 comment:

Melanierose! said...

I'm not gonna give out my myspace so you can try to find me, and if you can, good for you. But at least tell me in your friend request that you found it after reading this!