Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Living with OJD: Music notes and book writing..

Hello. So I just got super frustrated and gave up trying to write the music notes for a song I wrote a little bit ago. I have this thing called Finale NotePad 2008 and don't get me wrong, it's awesome. You can hear what you've created and your sheet music looks very professional. But my problem is that I have a song in my head and the lyrics and music all fit, but when I put the notes down on paper it never turns out how I planned them. It gets super annoying and so I saved my one line that I completed and decided to write this instead. Speaking of writing, how many people out there like to write stories and books and novels and stuff? I do (: But one problem I have is I can never finish a story. I get about five pages down in a Word document and my brain stops working. I have one book that's about 80 pages long and I would LOVE to finish it, but I just can't come up with good ideas. I love Jodi Piccoult books (sorry if I spelled her name wrong!) and they're like 300 pages. How does she do it??? And she has such interesting plot lines. I can't think of very interesting stories on a daily basis. So this blog is kind of a writer's block thing, sorry about that. I just thought I would share my problems on here. It's better than kicking and screaming.

No comments: